The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The Privacy Notice explains why Whitehall Physiotherapy Ltd collects information about you and how that information may be used.
Physiotherapists who provide you with care maintain records about your health and any treatment or care you have received previously. These records are used to help to provide you with the best possible healthcare.
Whitehall Physiotherapy Ltd health care records may be electronic, on paper, or a mixture of both, and we use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure. Records Whitehall Physiotherapy Ltd hold about you may include the following information;
- Details about you, such as your name, address, Insurance representatives and contact details.
- Any contact Whitehall Physiotherapy has had with you, such as appointments.
- Notes and reports about your health.
- Details about your treatment and care.
- Relevant information from other health professionals
How do we maintain the confidentiality of your records?
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with:
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Information: To share or not to share review
Every member of staff who works for Whitehall Physiotherapy Ltd has a legal obligation to keep information about you confidential.
We will only ever use or pass on information about you if others involved in your care have a genuine need for it. We will not disclose your information to any third party without your permission unless there are exceptional circumstances (i.e. life or death situations) or where the law requires information to be passed on.
You will be informed who your data will be shared with and you will always be contacted for explicit consent for this to happen if this is required.
Access to Personal Information:
You have to right under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to request access to view or to obtain copies of what information Whitehall Physiotherapy holds about you and have it amended should it be inaccurate. In order to request this, you need to do the following:
- our request must be made in writing to Whitehall Physiotherapy Ltd for information
- There may be a charge to have a printed copy of the information held about you
- We are required to respond to you within one month of the date of receiving your information request however, where requests are complex or numerous, Whitehall Physiotherapy Ltd are permitted to extend the deadline to three months.
- You will need to give adequate information (for example full name, address, date of birth, and details of your request) so that your identity can be verified and your records located.
Objections / Complaints:
Should you have concerns about how your information is managed please contact us at Whitehall Physiotherapy Ltd. If you are still unhappy following a review by the Whitehall Physiotherapy Ltd, you can then without prejudice go to any other administrative or judicial remedy and have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, Under Articles 77 & 78 of the GDPR Act. If the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes this regulation. Your complaint will be heard.